Monday, March 10, 2008

Proud to call him Son - John






Need a little help with this one~



On Friday we got an email from our 7 year old, Josh. Obviously his class was given the assignment to learn how to do this and he definitely gave it his best shot. Truth is, he was nearly jumping out of his skin when I mentioned to him that I got it. Now for the problem. The following image shows what he sent...


Miriam and I spent a while trying to figure this one out. We have an idea but we would love to get someone else's input simply because this sounds a lot like a desperate cry for attention and companionship to us. I think I saw an Dateline special on serial killers that mentioned letters like this as definite signs of a problem. Kidding, of course! But I must admit, we found this priceless. Josh has a cousin who is older than him by a couple months who is reading Harry Potter, another cousin a little younger than him who will probable get her PhD when she is 18, and a best friend who is exactly his age who has been reading at a third grade level since birth. I don't know if any of these kids are "normal", but I guarantee their first attempt at an email probably didn't have this much character. One day, Josh is going to write a book about his life, sell 10 million copies, and let me retire early. That'll show you. Love that kid!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mother,

Athough I act as though I like to attend those horrible shopping trips with you, I do not, and wish to never go again.

Love, Josh

Something like that? : )

JackieSue said...

Hmmm... my FIRST priority would be to teach my child how to correctly spell come. Enough said...

JackieSue said...

P.S. Who cares if I "tag" you anyway right because you haven't fulfilled your being tagged duties anyway! So forget you.